The background paper is my inspiration for this group of miniature flowers. I used a thin quilt needle tool and narrow English paper strips. These strips are more narrow than the American 1/16" wide paper.
This is similar to the Mother's Day card I made last year, using a different background. More how-to details are here.
My friend Lori, who owns the Etsy store ItsLorraine, gave me an altered record years ago as a gift. It is beautiful, with a dragonfly theme and embellishments galore! She continues to alter and sell her work in a smaller fashion- using CDs to alter. Can you imagine shipping a record album?
This is one that I altered for a hostess gift at NAQGCON about five years ago.
A 12"x12" sheet of scrapbook paper fits perfectly over the vinyl LP. I used a spray adhesive. I printed the text on vellum pieces and embellished with a few quilled pieces and the large dragonfly. The round cork acts as a message board and I gave her a purple polymer clay hand quilling tool like I was selling at the conference. The crop-a-dile had just come out so it was easy to punch the holes and add large eyelets. You cannot see, but there is a pen hanging at the bottom from a ball chain.
Thanks for looking! And thanks to Lori for introducing this project to me. The hostess was very pleased as it is one of a kind. I'm thinking about making another one, more updated.