Sunday, May 6, 2012

Quilled Mother's Day Card (repeat)




I wanted to make some small flowers for a card, so I took the floral pattern from the print on this paper and attempted to kind of, sort of, duplicate it :o)

I used very narrow paper strips (English papers 3/32" wide). I also used three different quilling tools to minimize the center holes. A quilting needle for the tiny tight rolled flowers, corsage pin and a commercial quilling tool.


I made paper knots for the center of the flowers (and a few accents) by cutting a 3/4" (1.9 cm) strip lengthwise from corner to corner making triangle shapes. I start rolling this teeny piece at the wide end to the point. I punched out a 3.5" (8.9 cm) scalloped circle, attached a 3" (7.62 cm) piece of cardboard to the back for support and added pop dots. I used -faded jeans- Distress Ink on the edges.

Have a fun, crafty week!
~Molly

7 comments:

aureliaeugenia said...

Elegant and delicate , beautiful!!

singh.nishtha@gmail.com said...

Hey,

Its a very nice card...love the intricate work done...

Ann said...

kind of sort of? I think you came darn close to the design on the paper. I love it.

chillin with Quillin said...

you did an awesome job on this one, flowers match great with the background so delicate!!!
Paula

Debra said...

So very sweet just like you, a delicate delightful design!

Melony said...

Very nice. In love anything miniature like your quilled flowers. What a terrific effort and outcome.

www.mel-designs.typepad.com

Baukje said...

Beautiful!
Greetings Baukje