Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy August!

Last Friday, while lurking on Twitter for the first time in a month, I found an eye-catching post by Ann Martin. Many of you already know that if it is unique, over the top, and the very latest quilling .. Ann finds it first. From there I received Susan Myers' permission to link to her fabulous June project. Yes, it was the end of July but like me, Suzy is the queen of UFOs. Below is my favorite coffee mug which represents my favorite painting and the reason for this blog post.


I love an artist who can go from a sewing machine to plaster and then sit down and quill something like this. So I wanted to share Suzy's June project in August :o) I think it is amazingly beautiful. The colors are gorgeous. I like her description of quilling as "painting with paper". And, it is not only a piece of quilled art, it is a HUGE piece of quilled art. Her quilled Vincent van Gogh The Starry Night is 2 by 3 feet in size!


Suzy's details are shown here. Her lastest box of chocolates pincushion tutorial post is equally amazing. AND she also decorates and sells gorgeous Ukrainian eggs .. and that whole process totally blows my mind.


Happy August to all ~
Molly

4 comments:

Baukje said...

Hello Molly
it has become a wonderful cup
Greetings Baukje

Ann said...

Let me just say WOW! That quilled art is amazing. I checked out her blog and was looking through her tutorials. She is one multi talented lady.

Suzy Myers said...

Hi Molly!

Thanks so much for the feature and the kind words! I am truly honored to be included on your site!

suzy

Molly Smith said...

Thanks ladies! I know this has been making the blog rounds while I was gone but just had to make a record of it here :) Thanks for dropping by!

You too, Suzy :) thank you.

~Molly