Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quilled Sock Monkey

Carol Duvall hosted an arts and crafts show which aired on the HGTV cable channel from 1994 to 2005. It was also broadcast on the DIY Network from 2005 until late-2009. I don't think I missed one episode! A sock monkey puppet opened and closed each segment of the show and he was also seen from time to time during the show. Her guests and fans often gave her sock monkey themed gifts in the particular medium they used.



I quilled this 10" (25.4 cm) sock monkey face with the intention of framing and giving to Carol Duvall when I made it on her show. Even though my Provo Craft StandOuts™ quilled stickers were reviewed on one of her shows, I never was a guest.  After 14 years I don't know what to do with it. So I decided to take a picture and show her to you before packing it up again.

Have a fun, crafty day!~Molly

8 comments:

Ann said...

Yep, sure looks just like a sock monkey to me - so cute! Carol is the best. I wish you'd had a chance to be one of her guests. I didn't know of Becky until I noticed your link to her blog a while ago and have been enjoying her posts from Korea.

chillin with Quillin said...

so adorable, Carol would of loved it, it's asnames you couldnt still send it to her!
Paula

Becky said...

Molly! That's way too cute to be put away. I love it. Meeting you all those years ago was the best part of doing the CHA Show.

We definitely need to catch up when I move back to the States.

Lise said...

WOW that is totally amazing !...

Ann said...

Now that is really cool. I always loved watching Carol Duvall. I hated it when I switched to a day shift and wasn't able to catch it any more.

Lori said...

This little sock monkey is adorable Molly ....much to cute to be packed away that's for sure.

Molly Smith said...

Thanks for all your comments. She is packed away to be framed some day when I have more room for display.

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment.

~Molly

Antonella said...

LOL - I loved watching the Carol Duvall show :-) Your sock monkey is too cute to pack up!!! Do you have a young niece who would love to have it? It just seems a shame to lock her up again.

Hugs,
antonella :-)