Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Happy 2023!

Hello there! 🌼 

I have a few links that may be of interest to you. This first one is not paper related. It's more "new year, new you" (good articles on Dry January). I recently began looking at Real Simple online and have found some amazing tips and ideas. I also think it is a good way to keep up with trends (was a pop culture nerd when I was younger). The recipes alone, food and beverages, is worth a look. 

Even though I retired from quilling last May, I continue to look at what Miriam's Quilling is sharing. She gives so many ideas in her videos. What I like is she quills most of the pieces offline, so her videos are brief, and you see her finishing the project. If you notice her using the 1mm wide paper, go ahead and use 1/8" (or even 1/4") to save some frustration. I mentioned a while back where to purchase these papers from Romania. Phew, I plan to try again at some point, but the paper strips kept cutting my fingers while twirling. 

You just need to look at this article-- there's no way to describe it, other than miniature paper cutting to make people and much more. I love miniatures and this is about as tiny as you can get with paper figures. While there, take a look around Ann Martin's awesome, unique paper blog.  

Happy New Year to everyone! Wishing good health, happiness in the year ahead, and all the best to you and yours.

xo🌺
Molly

P.S. Pantone's Color for 2023 is "Viva Magenta". Hex Code #BB2649.


No comments: