Monday, March 19, 2012

Miniature Quilling

These are a garden dish and pot of gerbera daisies I made for fun. I used 3/8" denim paper for the pots and added a strip of printed paper around the rim. I cut a small foam ball in half and placed in each pot. After adding the flowers and punched leaves, I filled the pots with brown and green loose rolls using 1/8" strips. The loose curls are approximately 1/4" to 1/2" in length and not glued at the ends- a big time saver. I used chalk on some of the leaves in the garden dish. When finished, I added more glue to the insides to secure it all together.

I hope this inspires you to make something fun!



Have a great week!
-Molly


17 comments:

Pritesh Dagur said...

So adorable Molly, I specially like the rim of the pots, so cheerfully done in floral prints :)

aureliaeugenia said...

Every detail is amazing and you made them with lots of love.Love them too!
have a beautiful life,
aureliaeugenia

CathQuillScrap said...

These are soooooooooo cute. Lovely fresh spring flowers.

Phyllis Dobbs said...

The flowers are so cute and adorable! And I love how small they are. Great project!

chillin with Quillin said...

these are sooo cute, love it!!!
Paula

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

Amazing detail!

Ann said...

oh wow, those are so cute. Looks like a lot of work there though.

Ann Martin said...

Who doesn't love miniatures? These are so cute!

Linda w said...

These are so pretty. I am just getting back into quilling and it is wonderful to find a blog in English about quilling. Thank you for sharing.

gettin' inky...

Nati said...

It seems so real, they're beautiful, Molly!
hugs,

Ann Butler said...

Molly I am always so impressed by the detail in your work; love these!

Craftnique said...

Molly, I love what you do! Your work/designs are beautiful!
Hermy

Cait Throop said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like this before! Amazing work...you should go on "Martha!"

Baukje said...

Hello Molly wonderful creations!
have a good weekend
Greetings Baukje

Artes de Nágela said...

So beautiful...
I loved it!

creativegoddess said...

Oh my goodness! You've combined my love of flowers, miniatures and crafting into something TOTALLY adorable! Fantastic!

Baukje said...

Hello Molly
what a beautiful creation beautiful colors!
Greetings Baukje