Saturday, November 28, 2009

Quilled Paisley Ornament

I needed a red paisley item for a recent Etsy Treasury, so I quickly made this Christmas ornament.



It is an altered version of the crimped and quilled paisley mobile project in my book. Made with 3/8" wide paper strips, two paisley shapes are glued together back to back. A single strip is glued completely around the paisley to hide the seam. I added the green vintage sequins and Austrian rhinestones.




I used 33 feet (10 meters) of paper strips. It hangs so nicely on a tree because it weighs only 1/4 ounce (7 grams). The ornament measures 2.5" (6.35cm) long, 1.5" (3.8cm) tall and .75" (1.9cm) wide.

Happy holidays!

-Molly

2 comments:

Ann Martin said...

Really cute, Molly! You're always coming up with so many good ideas.

Karthika Sen said...

Your works are awesome....


Karthikasen
http://coolcrafting.blogspot.com