Saturday, November 28, 2009

Quilled Paisley Ornament

I needed a red paisley item for a recent Etsy Treasury, so I quickly made this Christmas ornament.

It is an altered version of the crimped and quilled paisley mobile project in my book. Made with 3/8" wide paper strips, two paisley shapes are glued together back to back. A single strip is glued completely around the paisley to hide the seam. I added the green vintage sequins and Austrian rhinestones.

I used 33 feet (10 meters) of paper strips. It hangs so nicely on a tree because it weighs only 1/4 ounce (7 grams). The ornament measures 2.5" (6.35cm) long, 1.5" (3.8cm) tall and .75" (1.9cm) wide.

Happy holidays!


Ann Martin said...

Really cute, Molly! You're always coming up with so many good ideas.

Karthika Sen said...

Your works are awesome....



Blog Widget by LinkWithin