Friday, July 25, 2014

Easy Small Container or Gift Box





Holly @ Ribbons and Glue blog has an excellent tutorial for how these boxes are made, using only one 12"x12" sheet of card stock. I also used two sided card stock and these really are easy to make. 


First, this big plastic container of clips sits out getting dusty. I move it around so often that I never can find it when I need a clip. I used these three boxes for storage.




Now they have a place in a drawer. I clipped one on each box so I will know the sizes inside. (Not my best photo.)



You can see where this box has extra pieces glued to the inside-bottom for more support (see tips below). 



I bought this delicious tea (from Sri Lanka) at the Dollar Tree -- I drink and love it!  



The three packaged flavors fit perfectly inside and this is a very lightweight gift to mail to my crafty sister-in-law in Chicago.  




I left the flap outside of the box and used cotton cord, fraying the loose ends. Lori of ItsLorraine on Etsy made me a dozen beautiful assorted flowers as a gift -- and this one I am using is perfect. The finished box is 6" wide, 2.5" deep and 3" tall.




Tips:

The two pieces trimmed off, when cutting and folding the scored lines, are the exact size to glue inside the boxes. Adhering to opposite sides or the bottom, gives a little extra strength to the box.   

Fold the top flap the opposite way and back if you find it doesn't want to stay inside the finished box.

I made these using a 6" score board. I score and turn the paper over to finish. I can't remember the last time I used my larger board. You can also use a ruler and stylus or embossing tool to score.

Thanks for dropping by!
Have a fantastic weekend :)
-Molly xo




1 comment:

Ann Thompson said...

These are really nice. I've made some like this before. Not sure if I found them the same place you did or not. I like the size of them.