Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Favor Boxes

I changed the size of my tall treat boxes for Halloween. Three candies in mini wrappers will fit into this box size perfectly. I used satin and wire ribbons, embroidery thread, puffed inchies, a fabric pumpkin sticker and foam spider stickers to decorate. You can fill these with any candy treat, small toys ... even money!

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE


Here is the template I made showing the size and score measurements. The blue lines on the template are cut lines. The red dots indicate the pieces of the template that you will cut off and discard. I used a corner rounder punch for the top flap piece and I also cut the side flaps at the top of the box in half (as shown on the open orange box). 


This is what your box should look like before assembly.


First, the 3/4-inch flap on the side is adhered to the opposite side. I use a tape runner. I find it is easier to line up the flap to the side. Next, the bottom flaps are tucked in and the last one glued down. BAM! You have a box to embellish and fill with treats. Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy, and have a safe Halloween!

-Molly

4 comments:

Philippa said...

Brilliant! Love the spiders and pumpkin, too!

Ann said...

those are awesome. I think I might make a few of those to take to work for the girls and a few of my favorite customers.
I liked your other projects too. The inchies are great and just love the eyeballs

Molly Smith said...

Thank you ladies. They are easier than they look! :)

Hugz~Dixie said...

Those are adorable.Hope to see some Chritmas ones.