Monday, October 18, 2010

BIG Quilled Flowers

I quilled these BIG flowers just as I would normal size pieces. Using the same shapes, same techniques- just a bit more glue than usual :o) I made them as table decorations for a quilling conference, many years ago. They are made using the traditional looping technique and are about one foot in diameter.

The tulip was an experiment and didn't work out very well.


 
I found a stack construction paper at Sam's Club for under $10.00, so these flowers are very inexpensive to make. I used one inch wide, 12-inch long strips and glued various colors end to end to make the individual petals.
 


I crimped ALL the strips before looping or rolling. The crimping technique (as explained in my book) seems to make the pieces easier to work with, plus a bit more sturdy.



Thanks for looking!
~Molly

7 comments:

Ann said...

Those are fabulous. Love them.
I wanted to let you know that my blog post scheduled for 7p.m tonight has a link to your blog. I made a card using your pattern for fall leaves and linked to you.

Molly Smith said...

Thank you so much Ann! I cannot wait to see the card. As always, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to post. hugs xo

Ann said...

now I feel horrible. I schedule my posts and looked at the wrong day. The post with the card and your link are today the 19th at 7:00. Sorry for the mix up. You would think I was just trying to get visitors wouldn't you?...lol

a paper {life} said...

I love them all. They would make great decor items on your wall.

Ann Martin said...

I'm with Cheryl... can definitely see these as wall decor in a little girl's bedroom - how cute!

Molly Smith said...

Ann in PA, that's OK! I knew you either got busy or it was a schedule change! I'm on the end of my chair :) lol

Ann and Cheryl, those were auctioned off at the end of the show and everyone said they would go on the wall. HA I do have some 12" snowflakes I hang on the walls at Christmas. I like miniatures and gigantic quilling! Thanks for dropping by! xo

Lori said...

Gorgeous Molly ...love these great big quilled flowers ...and one day I will get around to making myself a few ...