Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Making Paper Jewelry ... again!

First and foremost, I want to thank those who have kept in touch with me during my absence from blogging and social networking. Although my Etsy stores are temporarily closed and I am never on Twitter and hardly on Facebook -- I'm well and alive! I am very blessed at this time to be able to spend these months with my parents. The only problem is .. I have no extra time to spend online.

I have started to make more paper jewelry with a few new techniques. I found some fabulous spacer beads that cover up the bead holes. After practicing with different ways of rolling the paper, I created a brand a new shape that I plan to reveal at the CHA summer show in Chicago. It makes a very unique focus bead.

And the bestest news, is a friend of my Mother has offered to give me a jewelry show - a first for me. This particular friend stays busy running a company, so I will keep my fingers crossed that it does happen. She has a very large home to host the perfect party.

Meanwhile, I am loving working with bright summer paper colors. Lots of earrings are in the works, as well. The washed blue, frayed denim paper is still a favorite. This is a set I made for my cousin who lives on a ranch. I used the smaller round beads for a simple pair of dangle earrings. I hope she likes it :o)

click to enlarge

-Molly

9 comments:

Rho said...

Welcome back! Denim is so big this spring!! I love the new set! I hope the jewelry show is a huge success and can't wait to hear about it!

charlene said...

Hey Miss Molly it is good to see you ! I am happy you are getting cretive again. Sending hugs and love your way

Ann said...

So nice to have you back, Molly - I've been missing you, but completely understand about caring for parents and the time it takes. The bracelet and earrings are just great, love the casual denim look.

Molly Smith said...

Thank you ladies so much for taking the time to post!

Ann, I miss your tweets every day! I obviously won't be in NJ for NAQGCON this month. Hope to see you next year.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful, Molly! Can't wait to see your other designs! Good luck with the show. I'm sure the ladies will fall in love with your jewelry!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

BlueRose said...

Hi Molly just wanted to stop by and say HI to ya. I love your jewelry like always and I just know that it will be a hit♥

Huge Hugs

Lisa Mala6 said...

Molly,
It is great to see your making and quilling again. I can not wait to see what is new. Only wish I could be in Chicago this summer.
Good luck with the show. :)

Molly Smith said...

Thank you Sharron, Lisa and Kathe! I miss y'all a bunch! I appreciate all of you staying in touch. Hugs xo

monique said...



waouhhhhhhhhhh superbe réalisation
*