Monday, August 26, 2013

Affordable Light Box

My most productive hours in the day seem to be at night. I've been taking product photos near a window during a 2-hour range around noontime -- often losing track of time. 

I finally decided I wanted to try to use a light box so I asked for one for our anniversary



My husband came through and built one beyond my expectations. 




The box is 18x18x24" and cost $1.30
He cut out 14" holes with rounded corners on sides and top

Three 5.5" clamp lights were $7 each (Home Depot)

A 4-pack of Daylight fluorescent 23W spiral bulbs (equivalent to 100 watts) was $11.

He already had the blue painter's tape, white tissue paper (one sheet per side/top) and used the matte side of white wrapping paper to make the inside infinity wall. He built the wood pieces for the side lamps and put a grill on top so the light is closest to the opening.




This is a pic of a my husband's marble bracelet I photographed late one night, on a piece of bead felt. I always put a piece of white paper in my photos so I can adjust the contrast easier before cropping.




This is a man's paper bead bracelet I am listing this week: the first pic I took in the light box. I am going to enjoy this :)




Thank you for stopping by!

Have a great end of August this week :)
-Molly


8 comments:

Ann said...

I have a light box very similar to that. They work great don't they.
Your last picture there came out fabulous

charlene said...

That is so cool thanks for the instructions I will be making one! Hugs to ya:)

LostnThought said...

I will be stopping by Lowes & Walmart on my way home!! Thank you for sharing!! My biggest struggle has always been photographing my projects!

LostnThought said...

Ok, Home Depot had everything (Couldn't find any of it at Lowes!). Went home and made this and OMG!! It is fantastic! Thank you again for sharing this! I love love love it!

Antonella said...

What a great light box... That is one of those things on my list to make, but I never get around to it! You are lucky to have a wonderful husband who created this one for you!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Way to go, Molly! Hubby did a great job. :D
Thanks so much for sharing.

Huggies & Sweet Blessings ~
Sharron♥

Renay Johnson said...

What a big difference in the "before" and "after" pic using the lightbox! Love it!

Lorie Ballard said...

I love this lightbox! Need to just take the afternoon to make one! He did a fabulous job on yours!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin