Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine Favor Boxes

CLICK TO ENLARGE
This is an old repeat post but thought I'd share again this year.

This size is for the smaller petite baking cups (1.24" 3.2 cm). Depending on your candy, about three or four paper cups fill a box. You can also fill with small toys or money!

Template below: The blue lines are cut lines; red dots indicate the pieces of the template that you will cut off and discard. I used a corner rounder punch for the top flap piece. In addition, I also cut the side flaps at the top of the box in half (not shown in the blank photo).


This is what your box should look like before assembly.


Before I assembled, I used a circle cutter to make a 1-inch window in the front of the box. I glued a square of clear cellophane inside over the cut-out.  First, the 3/4-inch flap on the side is adhered to the opposite side. I use a tape runner. I find it is easier to line up the flap to the side. Next, the bottom flaps are tucked in and the last one glued down. BAM! You have a box to embellish and fill with treats.

You can fill the cups with just about anything (Butterfinger Mini's and Junior Mints from the dollar store). I got the ribbon and conversation heart stickers at Michaels. Use your imagination to embellish your own little boxes.

Have fun crafting!
-Molly

8 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

these are great !!!!
Paula

Ann said...

perfect box for those little Valentine treasures :)

Miss Syaz said...

They're supercute..

kiddo said...

Beautiful boxes! Should give a try! Thank you for template!

Antonella said...

I love your tall boxes! Hugs, antonella :-)

Nati said...

beautiful box, thanks for sharing!
hugs,
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Nágela said...

Thanks!
Beautiful box!

Baukje said...

beautifully I love your work
Greetings Baukje

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin