Saturday, December 31, 2011

Seeing Red on the Last Day of 2011

While moving this year I found a box of red ephemera and an altered book I started working on (I think back in 2004) for a friend who loves RED.


I have been wanting to do some Inchie Art, so I decided to make this piece and put it on the cover of her book. From the packaging, apparently I bought this plastic frame in the '80s at the original Michaels Store in Dallas. (I am going to start using instead of hoarding my materials and supplies.)



The center square is a tiny paper bead charm I made, a yellow rose is the Texas state flower and I love how the little feathers look. I punched the Zentangle circle out of Design Original's 2012 spring catalog, but I did learn to Zentangle this year thanks to LeslieRahye. I used vintage photo distressed ink on the square edges.

I'll share the altered book when it is finished.

Everyone have a safe and happy 2012!
-Molly

8 comments:

charlene said...

Happy New Year Molly that is so cute ! Hope all is well with you and Chris.
Hugs♥

chillin with Quillin said...

so adorable, every few months I go through my craft room just to see what I have, because I tend to forget and end up buying more of the same thing,lol
Paula

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Molly! This is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!
Have a wonderfully blessed New Year! I think of you often & hope all is well with you & yours.
Happy Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Antonella said...

Love your inchie art - what a great idea!! Hope you have a safe new year!!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Ann said...

It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who is a supply hoarder :) I've been trying to work on that little problem myself....lol
Love your inchie art, fabulous. I really need to give that a try.
Happy New Year to you

Inna D. said...

Wow, Molly! Very beautiful!
Happy New Year to you!

Quilly Nilly said...

Molly,

That frame is too cute. I had to google, Inchie Art and Zentangle; so I learned two new things today and I laughed at your reference to using what you already have. I just said the same thing the other day, I have to much stuff in my craft room I've decided to use it before buying anything else. Time to declutter!

Happy New Year!
Tracey

Ann Martin said...

So cute! I hear you on using up supplies we already have... think I'll make it a resolution (one of many!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin