Friday, December 30, 2011

Real Simple - What Is on Your Not-to-Do List This Year?

What Is on Your Not-to-Do List This Year?
I was reading my newest issue of Real Simple in a waiting room yesterday and loved reading this section - what readers don't want to do any longer.  Not-to-Do List

I could relate to all most of them, but this is my favorite "won't do" that hits home.


Worry. As my mom has told me, worry is like rocking in a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere. -Donna Robison, Ringwood, Oklahoma


I worried about something over the holidays that almost made me ill. The situation never transpired and I felt so silly for putting that much energy into something that didn't happen -- and it took away my attention to detail from the things that did matter. However, I can give out ten quick bullet point reasons (to other people) why not to worry. I think it is hereditary!

Are you going to not do, or do, something different this time of year? I'm going to organize, lol!

Enjoy the day :)
-Molly

4 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

nice artical, I'm going to try and not worry about everything so much, just take each day as it comes!!
Paula

Jennifer M. said...

That is a great saying. I really do try not to fret over things, but sometimes I can't help it. I try to live by one day at time. Life is too short to worry so much about the future.

Jen

Becky said...

I'm the same way about worrying but I am learning the older I get that it's a waste of energy.

Have a wonderful New Year, Molly!!!

Ann said...

I love this concept. Fabulous. I was always a worrier and for the most part I have given it up. I do tend to fuss over things occasionally but I don't let them get to me like I used to.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin