Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Color of the Year for 2012

As you probably know, Pantone announced its color of the year as a deep orange, spicy Tangerine Tango. It looks sort of red-tomatoey to me.

Pantone’s 2012 color of the year, was selected because, “there’s the element of encouragement with orange, it’s building on the ideas of courage and action, that we want to move on to better things. I think it would be a disservice to go with a relaxed, soothing color now,” Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, told the Associated Press.



2011 was Honeysuckle (that looks like medium pink to me :)


 2010 was Turquoise, I love all the shades of turquoise, blues, aquas.


2009 was Mimosa


2008 was Iris Blue

So there you have it! Not much of a post but it is fun to look back and see what the trends were. And I'm sure this new color is a big deal to many companies :)

Hope you are enjoying the last week of 2011! I put up almost all Christmas decorations today. What are you doing... Anything fun?
-Molly


2 comments:

Ann said...

I love looking at colors and hearing about trends, so thanks for this, Molly! A relative was saying on Christmas that he's contemplating getting a Spice Orange Mini Cooper. Sounds like he'll be right in style. :)

Ann said...

I'm not very big on following trends. I just stick to the same old same old. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin