Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Real Simple Organizing - My 30 Minute Suggestion

I'm back with another Real Simple way to get organized. I keep blogging about it because I am so unorganized. I want everything around me to be perfectly in place and it is the complete opposite. (Do you ever look for something you know you have, and just give up and go buy another one!?! And then find that item the next time you are looking for something else?)


My first work space, or I guess I should call it a "work station", was a metal TV tray.


I would quill all day long then pick up the tray and move it to the guest room in the evening. Unfortunately, it is not that easy today. How does your work space look? Or the kitchen drawer, linen closet, computer desk, bathroom drawer, mud room, dining room table?

I'm going to suggest you take just 30 minutes (set a timer) to straighten up, organize, clean, throw away - in your work space today. If you really get into it and you spend more than 30 minutes, fantastic! I guarantee you will enjoy your space so much more!


And if I didn't catch you on the perfect day to do this exercise with us, I hope you will get some motivation or inspiration from these Real Simple organization photos! (I'd like the pictures to be larger and the before|after right next to each other. I finally opened two browsers and put them side-by-side.)

Have a great day!
-Molly

Pssssst: Just 30 minutes, I'm starting now!

5 comments:

Kathy of KZ Embroidery said...

Oh my gosh! I remember those metal tv trays. I think we had one just like yours! LOL

chillin with Quillin said...

I go through my stuff about once a month, whats funny is that when I have organized, thats when I cant find anything,lol. It does help me remember what I have or dont have, and then I need to stock up!
Paula

Ann said...

Yep, I have a bookshelf that looks a whole lot like yours, Molly. Ready, set, go! :)

Terry said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I love the real picture of what a working space looks like! Mine looks very similar. I think I need more than 30 minutes, but it's a good start.

Ann said...

I can so relate here. I am the most organized person at work but at home I just can't get it together. I can picture the perfectly organized craft room I just can't seem to get it that way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin