Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easy Quilling on Simple Cards



These are easy, simple and fun to make in one short sitting. You can print or stamp your imagine/text and with minimal quilled embellishing, these cards can be made quickly :)

NOTE CARD


I printed a 50's jukebox and dance graphic and added quilled records. I glued a 36" (91.4 cm) black strip to a 10" (25.4 cm) neon piece and made a tight roll. Quilled musical notes would also be cute.

TWO-TONED CARDSTOCK


I lined the inside of the card with lime green cardstock. I used a 3/4" (1.9 cm) punch to make the round window at the top corner and a 1-3/4" (4.4 cm) punch for the raised "Thanks" piece. The quilled flower is made using narrow paper strips so this card would be good for mailing. If you have them, using round scalloped punches would dress up the card a bit!

OPEN HEARTS


I do nothing in moderation, so this card could probably use less hearts than I applied :) I printed a simple light purple swirl and added pink and purple open hearts I made using 1.5" (3.8 cm) and 3/4" (1.9 cm) long strips. I trimmed 1/32" (.8 mm) strips to make the spirals. I think they are easier to make using narrow strips.

I hope I have given you some new ideas to make a quick card. Enjoy!
~Molly

7 comments:

Ann said...

I haven't made any cards in quite a while but these make me want to sit down and do some. I love the idea with the jukebox and quilled records.

chillin with Quillin said...

I like the idea of simple, nice cards!
Paula

Philippa said...

I'm all for quick results, and these designs are very effective!

Ann said...

Great ideas, Molly! Simple really makes sense when it comes to cards, since (let's face it and sad, but true) they aren't usually saved for long.

Lise said...

I love the way they are so simple and so beautiful at the same time, very chic even. Nice cards, really !

Unknown said...

So cute, and done so nicely.

Anonymous said...

There was a huge inspiration !!!
Unique ideas,so simple and so beautiful cards at the same time .....
plastic card ideas