Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easter Wreath

Today is my daughter's 41st birthday; she was born on Easter Sunday. So I hung up the Easter wreath I haven't seen in a while.


I have had this Easter wreath forever. I found it recently in the process of moving. I cannot remember where I got it, but have always loved the patchwork fabric print (I am sewing-challenged but love fabric pattens) and the dangling eggs.


Seems like it was in the 80s that my mother made long Christmas fabric sleeves and [instead of batting] stuffed them with plastic dry cleaning bags. They were large sleeves, stretching across the living room table. Most were print but I can remember her trying red, green and white solids also. She would braid them together, like this one, and make huge wreaths to give to friends. An idea for those of you who can sew!

Thanks for dropping by :)

~Molly 

4 comments:

Baukje said...

Hi Molly
Easter shine your creation is beautiful
I love you work nogmaas shine
Greetings Baukje

chillin with Quillin said...

Really cute wreath!
Paula

Ann said...

what a cute wreath that is. I've been meaning to pull out my Easter decorations and sort through them. I've been trying to weed through everything and do some major cleaning out.

Patty Ann said...

I love the wreath. It looks so cute and totally spring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin