Monday, October 4, 2010

Way too cute!

Becky Meverden is a Jill of all Trades but she is most talented with polymer clay, in my humble opinion. She was a regular on HGTV's Carol Duvall show for ten seasons and has written a ton of books showing step-by-step instructions on how to make her fabulous characters.

She lived in South Korea recently and has a book showing the elegant Korean knotting technique called Maedeup. See the technique and book link on her blog. It is an amazing craft and she has designed gorgeous jewelry using the technique.

I was lucky enough to have an exhibit booth next to her at a CHA show. When time permitted, we were able to visit during the day. So I know firsthand that she is a genius in her creative thoughts with everything she designs. Becky is also skilled in precious metal clay, glass beadmaking, quilting and other crafts.

I think she brings her polymer clay characters to life when she creates them. See all the other cute Halloween ideas on her blog HERE.

How cute are those?

-Molly

3 comments:

Becky said...

Molly: Thank you for the wonderful post. I feel exactly the same way about you. Hope all is well with you. Will you be at the CHA Winter Show?

Ann said...

Those little pumpkins are adorable. I've seen so many wonderful things made with polymer clay but have never tried to work with it. I'm heading over now to check out her blog

Rachelle said...

What cute, silly little pumpkins. I love their eyes.