Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mellow Yellow

This week started out ... well, it wasn't pretty. Elegant Bride magazine was dumped by its owner along with Modern Bride, Cookie and Gourmet magazines. So there went my big opportunity in the Elegant Bride winter issue. However, I did meet and converse with two amazingly kind and professional people in NY during the process; the freelance writer in Brooklyn and the magazine's senior editor. I thank them and wish them the best!

I started making a few paper mum novelty rings. So far I have 20 colors that I will list next week. This ring is part of an Etsy Treasury I have listed. They've been a delightful diversion while recouping from this horrific cold-mild flu crud that I cannot seem to shake. Everyone be well!



Enjoy!


(My Etsy Treasury has expired. I am working on another for this week.)

5 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a cute ring, Molly! You do such beautiful work!!!
So sorry to hear that you've had the creepin' crud.........I've had it myself but am almost done with it......hope, hope, hope!
Miss ya & wanted to stop by & say HEY Girlfriend!
Huggies ~
Sharron

Becky said...

Molly! I love the ring!! You amaze me!

Molly Smith said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by and commenting. I have 20 colors of this paper ring to list this week!

Feel better soon Sharron.

Becky you amaze me too and I hope your new book is flying off the shelves!

I'll drop by this week.

Ann Martin said...

Oh no! So sorry about the missed opportunity in Elegant Bride. Hopefully your submission will find a good home elsewhere... times are tough for so many good magazines. Hope you're feeling lots better by now. Cute ring!

Anonymous said...

Molly,
sorry to hear about the Elegant Bride Mag. Those rings are amazing. Hope you are feeling better, 2 of my little darlings are dealing with it too.
hugs,
Lisa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin