Thursday, September 18, 2008

Are you protecting your (grand)children?

Our oldest grandson's birthday was on Monday. He turned eight years old and has grown up so quickly. He is such a good boy and a perfect grandson. Before shouting Happy Birthday and posting his picture on my FaceBook page, I noticed the shirt he was wearing stated the name of the elementary school he attends.

I immediately realized that I needed to block out the name. Then, just as quickly, I thought about the time it would take and I was very busy :) The name on his shirt was actually hard to read. Besides I know all my friends on FaceBook that could view it, except for those who are friends of people I know that I have accepted as friends. With that last thought, the common sense cell kicked in and I did take the time to blur out the school name before posting his picture.

That same afternoon I saw that
The Oprah Show was about Internet Predators: How Bad Is It?. I believe the information and videos on Oprah's website are important to look at and know. The facts are scary, the stories are shocking but it is happening and it is REAL.

Well, I could go on and on but I have deleted two paragraphs of text, twice, so I will end my thoughts here. I know I cannot control what others post in their blogs or websites, I can only control my own. I think I've made the point I wanted to share and I hope I've made someone else stop to think what personal information and/or pictures are posted on their internet pages.

Protect Your Children from Online Predators

Help Pass Senate Bill 1738—The PROTECT Our Children Act

1 comment:

BlueRose said...

Molly so great to see that your blogging. Love it so far. I will have to come and read up on your post I want to do all that I can to protect the kids...

Luv ya Kat

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin